In this episode, Taegan interviews Karen Kunkle and Sarah Clayton of the GO CAPS program. GO CAPS stands for the Greater Ozarks Centers for Advanced Professional Studies. While the GO CAPS program itself focuses on developing skills in high school students, this episode is full of ideas and wisdom for local business involvement with the community and for entrepreneurs.
The second episode of The Studentpreneur Show, Not Just Another Blow Off Class, is now available!
Karen Kunkel serves as the advisor to the GO CAPS program in Springfield, Missouri, and Sarah Clayton is the instructor for the students in the program.
With Taegan, Karen Kunkle and Sarah Clayton discuss:
- The top characteristics of the students who are successful in the GO CAPS Program
- The idea of learning through the process and importance of building connections
- Developing the skills to learn from failure
- Strategies for improving professional skills and confidence
- The development of the GO CAPS program and the history of the CAPS national program (46 across the country and growing)
- The goal of GO CAPS
- Benefits from GO CAPS
- The benefits of growing businesses in Springfield, MO
- Springfield goals to cultivate investment in students and in the city’s future workforce
- GO CAPS application tips
- Encouraging tips on how to become successful in your field, even if you are young