The European World 1500–1800: An Introduction to Early Modern History
The European World 1500-1800 provides a concise and authoritative textbook for the centuries between the Renaissance and the French Revolution. It presents early modern Europe not as a mere transition phase, but a dynamic period worth studying in its own right. Written by an experienced team of specialists, and derived from a successful undergraduate course, it offers a student-friendly introduction to all major themes and processes of early modern history.
This third edition features greatly expanded coverage of ‘The Wider World’, with added chapters on relations with the Ottoman empire, European settlement overseas and the global exchange of goods. Other new content includes an overview of early modern medicine and comprehensive timelines for each of the thematic parts.
Specially designed to assist learning, The European World 1500-1800 features:
- expert surveys of key topics written by an international group of historians
- suggestions for seminar discussion and further reading
- extracts from primary sources and generous illustrations, including maps
- a glossary of key terms and concepts
- a full index of persons, places and subjects
- and a much enhanced companion website, offering colour images, direct access to primary materials, and interactive features which highlight key events and locations discussed in the volume.
The European World 1500-1800 will be essential reading for all students embarking on the discovery of the early modern period.
Want a Better Price Offer?
Set a price alert and get notified when the book starts selling at your price.
Want to Report a Pricing Issue?
Let us know about the pricing issue you've noticed so that we can fix it.